Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Big Trip 09 - overview

So, a week on from our return to Oz, I have finally go my act together enough to write something up about our trip. Rather than one enormous post that would go on forever and nobody would read, I'll do a few posts about the highlights, which should make for a more digestible platter.

First, though, I'll answer some of the most common questons:

"How were the children on the long plane flights?"
Great, thanks for asking. Beth knows the routine by now, and has even started telling Barnaby about putting on his seatbelt etc. I should add the caveat that they were great as far as M&I were concerned, people sitting nearby may not hold such a benevolent view.

What was the weather like?
Pretty good. Not particularly warm but neither cold nor wet. In fact, the English summer turns out to feel very much like the Australian winter we have returned to.

Was it nice to catch up with your family?
Of course. We saw plenty of my immediate family, and most of the extended family were able to come and visit us in Northumberland. Sadly my Dad's health has deteriorated significantly since we last visited, in ways both physical and mental. It's put a great strain on my Mum and sister, and the whole situation is very distressing. On the positive side, he had a lovely time with the Bs, both of whom enjoyed his company in return. Dad can hardly recall one moment from the next any more, but he is still capable of experiencing and giving joy when in the moment.

Did you see lots of friends?
Oh yes indeed. I won't post about every social occasion we attended because that would get very boring very quickly, but M&I had a splendidly debauched time zipping about and seeing the usual welcome faces. Thanks to all those we saw, and to those we missed out apologies and see you next time. As always, there was nowhere near enough time with anybody but we're in Blighty twice next year so we'll see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home