Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Too old for this shit? Not yet baby.

I had kind of thought that my festival going days were behind me, what with being 37 years old and all, but that was before I saw the line-up for the spectacular looking Splendour In The Grass 2010. LCD Soundsystem, Pixies, Flo & Her Machine, Jonsi, Grizzly Bear, Broken Social Scene and so on and on and on.

Upon reading the announcement, M&I took a nanosecond or so to decide to go. Due to an entirely predictable website collapse, it took forever to get tix (2 hours pressing F5) but we got them and we are ON. 3 days in a field in winter? Yes!

Somebody may even play an appropriate song about feeling a little too old and out of place to be somewhere but doing it anyway to make us feel somehow melancholy and jubilant at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home