Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Meme

Another book meme, this one’s from Con.

1. The book I’m currently reading:
The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch. I have a vague mission to read all of the winners of the Booker Prize, and this picked it up in 1978. I’m about halfway through.

Also, see 5.

2. The last book I finished:
The History of Mr Polly by H.G. Wells. I quite like it.

3. The next book I want to read:
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I’ve read it before, and really admired it, but I fear it may have been a clunky translation. I have since picked up a more recent version and I am looking forward to revisiting.

4. The last book I bought:
Jeff in Venice, Death in Varanasi by Geoff Dyer. The title made me snicker and it had a bit of buzz, so I picked it up when I saw it in my local Vinnie’s. It wasn’t up to snuff.

5. The last book I was given:
The Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker. This has been my bedside dipper-inner for a while now, I really should get around to having a serious attempt on its 700 pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home