Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Summer is here. Arse.



It was Labour Day long weekend here in Oz, and that traditionally means:

1) A trip to Avoca Beach
2) The onset of the Australian summer(Sydney doesn't really do seasons, actually. Spring and autumn barely exist in the way they do in England, and the winter doesn't get that cold.)
3) As a result of 1 and 2, it also means my first oh-so-reluctant trip to the beach.

I just don't get the appeal of the beach. There is no shade, no fridge, no stereo, no sofa, no DVD player. Instead of these essentials, what you get is sand. Lots and lots of irritating, sticky, blowy sand. And a whole crowd of people that are better-looking than me pretending that they are having a good time.

I inevitably end up grumpily sitting with my nose in a book waiting for the all-clear to head back to the house where I can shower off all that bloody bloody sand and get back to my Bergman movie. Now there's a guy who understood what the seaside was all about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a lifetime Sydneysider, or simply lifer, I think I make it to the beach about once a decade. And that is usually in winter at night time.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home