Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Big Trip 09 Highlights: Brooooce

After some shenanigans with a dodgy eBay seller, M&I eventually snagged some tickets to go see Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park. He is my original musical hero so it was a big deal for me, and M has tolerated my obsession with her usual aplomb.

After a lovely afternoon in London exploring Mayfair and drinking way too much wine, we timed our arrival pretty well perfectly. It was an amazing gig, 3 and a half hours of hardcore Bruceness including a whole bunch of my favourite songs (Racing in the Street - yes!) delivered with great showmanship. Probably the most memorable moment was the opening number, a perfectly chosen cover version if ever there was one:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home