Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Noughty But Nice

So the “Best of the Decade” lists have started appearing in various meeja outlets, which has got me thinking about my picks. Here are some provisional thoughts on my favourite stuff from the past 10 years, but I’m sure I’m missing out on some very obvious things. Thoughts?

Albums

Funeral (Arcade Fire), In Rainbows (Radiohead), Let’s Get Out Of this Country (Camera Obscura), The Seldom Seen Kid (Elbow), Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Wilco), Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (Flaming Lips), Franz Ferdinand (Franz Ferdinand)

Songs

Svefn–g-Englar (Sigur Ros), Do You Realize?? (Flaming Lips), All My Friends (LCD Soundsystem), Losing My Edge (LCD Soundsystem), Shoot Speed/Kill Light (Primal Scream), Hope There’s Someone (Antony & the Johnsons)

Movies

There Will Be Blood, 24 Hour Party People, Shaun of the Dead, Mulholland Drive, In The Mood For Love, Brokeback Mountain, Lord of the Rings

Books

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (Michael Chabon), The Line of Beauty (Alan Hollinghurst), The Secret River (Kate Grenville), Atonement (Iain McEwan), London: The Biography (Peter Ackroyd)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah G said...

Albums: Phantom Power (Super Furry Animals, The Moon and Antarctica (Modest Mouse), Moon Pix (Cat Power), Figure 8 (Elliott Smith), Cold Roses (Ryan Adams), Chutes Too Narrow (The Shins) (I didn't realise this until now, but there were so many good albums released in 1999!)

Films: Still arguing with myself about this one...

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home