Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...BRENTWOOD!

I was amazed that the snow of Europe followed us to England. And in a big way:



Of course the Bs loved lobbing snowballs, building snowmen and other such frozen water based fun. I, too, was enchanted at first but by the end of the week I had had enough. Some of our meeting plans were disrupted, and rugging up for every brief trip got a little tiresome.



Nevertheless, we were able to have a great time doing the usual stuff; catching up with mates, hanging out with family and visiting old haunts.

A big bonus was the absurdly generous exchange rate which made this trip unusually cheap and encouraged us to buy lots of stuff. M bought clothes, and here’s my haul of books, CDs and DVDs;



Sadly my Dad’s health was not good, and we are now looking to move him into sheltered accommodation in Bristol. Perhaps we will never stay in his house again if it gets sold, which is strange. It was desperately hard to say goodbye to him this time, but we’ll be back in July and I have to remember how extraordinarily lucky we are to have that freedom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah G said...

Sorry to be so ungracefully opportunistic, but can I borrow Anvil and the first Stieg Larsson book? Oh and, shall we have lunch some time? Pretend it's a work meeting?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm surprised to see 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' in your pile.

I mean, I enjoyed it...but then I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code...

1:42 AM  
Blogger Tom Goodfellow said...

Yeah, everyone I was travelling with was reading it so I succumbed to peer pressure. I've nearly finished it now, truly mediocre writing and I'm getting a bit tired of the plot now. But at least I can moan from a position of knowledge.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home