Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Scary monsters

Halloween! As usual, our street organised for all of the resident kinder to march around en masse, which makes for a lovely community event.

B1 went for a vampire/zombie mash-up look, and got very excited about the prospect of eating my brain.



B2 is all about dinosaurs these days, and has the threads to prove it.



The mass of children made their way around the close like a swarm of sweet-toothed locusts, distracted only by visitation from this mysterious character (I think I know what neighbour this was, but I'm still not sure).



In the end, they were delighted with their haul.



I noticed a few churlish letters in the SMH this week complaining that halloween is a crass US import, but I did it as a kid in the UK, and what's wrong with taking the best stuff from elsewhere anyway? We always have a great time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Imelda said...

I think is some parts of the UK we just don't import it very well. There are a few hardened youngsters who haunt the streets on Halloween while people who don't quite 'get it' hide behind their curtains and ignore the doorbell (e.g. me). It looks like everyone's having a lot of fun on your street and getting really into the spirit (!) of it.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home