Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Reordering

A lively weekend centred on the wedding of M’s younger sister Karen and my new in-law Steve. We decided to make a weekend of it so we booked the Friday and Saturday at the Manly Pacific Hotel (where the England rugby team stayed during the World Cup). Friday night was a night at the Steyne Hotel with the bride, groom, and various other bridesmaids etc.

Chief bridesmaid was M herself, so on the day itself I was chatting to a bewildering array of Aussie extended family members and old friends. The ceremony was on a beach at the Quarantine Station in perfect weather, everyone looked great and all that, and I chalked up a long-held ambition by copping off with a bridesmaid at the end of the evening.

Other highlights included a choreographed Saturday Night Fever style first dance and a sighting of a highly endangered bandicoot. Well, I don’t know if the individual bandicoot was highly endangered, but you get my drift.

I’ll upload some photos soon.

Sunday night was M’s Christmas do, a jolly nice harbour cruise, where I learned that a high proportion of Corrective Services staff are entirely hatstand. One woman spent 10 long minutes explaining how veneering my 2 front teeth would solve my nail biting. I also had a long conversation with a revhead bikey who bore an uncanny resemblance to Vladimir Putin.

Special mention this week to Ed Black, an anti-Microsoft campaigner who has mysteriously changed his stance following a pay-off of a few million dollars. I can’t really criticise the guy, a few million would test anyone’s principles, but his justification was mid-blowing:

"Life is a constant reordering of priorities," he said when the Microsoft settlement was first announced. "For important and pragmatic reasons, we are choosing to move on with regard to this matter." Brilliant! I shall keep that one up my sleeve for sure. “OK, so I’m a hypocrite and a deceiver, and perhaps in my past I did murder a few old ladies, but let’s face it, life is a constant reordering of priorities.” Dick Cheney would be proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home