Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Eroticism of the Baroque

Unusual night for me last night, went to the Brandenberg orchestra to see them play some Baroque concertos (Vivaldi, Bach etc.). I actually thoroughly enjoyed myself as well as learning a little bit - like what a concerto is for one thing. Plus, there is something strangely erotic about a woman playing a string instrument in elegant clothing. The bass player was a hornbag.

More on my usual bent, getting excited about the Big Day Out on Jan 26th. Some great festival bands just announced: The Hives, John Spencer Blues ExplOOSHEOOON and - yes! - the Polyphonic Spree.

Stag/Buck's Night for future brother-in-law Steve on Friday followed by a quiet Saturday, at least until Arsenal v Spurs kicks off at 11pm. Newtown Festival on Sunday, but no tree-climbing I suppose, regretfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home