Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Should I venture in the slipstream

I was having a ponder on the best first lines of albums the other day as I was driving home, and that very evening we watched the excellent High Fidelity which involves men making Top 5 lists rather than engaging emotionally. Cunningly putting the 2 together, then, here is my provisional Top 5 First Lines on an Album:

1) “All I want in life’s a little bit of love to take the pain away” – Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space - Spiritualized

2) “Son, now I’m 30/I only went with your mother cos she’s dirty” – Pills Thrills N Bellyaches, The Happy Mondays

3) “Belligerent ghouls run Manchester schools” – Meat is Murder, The Smiths

4) “I don’t need to sell my soul, he’s already in me” – The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses

5) “Screen door slams, Mary’s dress sways/Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays” – Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen

Any better suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home