Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

It's not where you are, it's who you're with

And it’s rah rah rah, all back to the Dogstar, mine’s a VB mate.

Not too much to report, as is usual these days. The nursery is looking just dahling now, thanks to lots of furniture and other stuff gathered from folks whose kids are already a venerable 5 or 6 years of age. We’ve already had a few nice gifts too; a Beatrix Potter mobile and suchlike.

Had our first antenatal class on Tuesday, which managed to be both extremely useful and screamingly dull. Apparently I should be giving M a massage for 30 minutes every night. That just isn’t realistic, unfortunately, I last for a few minutes until my thumbs are threatening to drop off and then it’s time for sleepypie.

I was supposed to be at a stag do on Saturday but unfortunately I got in a strop with M about something inconsequential and cried off. We made it up later. The thing is, I think, that M tends to be my emotional crutch but at the moment she’s understandably preoccupied (not to mention hormonal) so I feel a bit vulnerable. Homesickness can be a git, I tell thee.

Amateur double bill at Parramatta theatre of Black Comedy/The Real Inspector Hound. The first play was OK but the cast struggled with the technical stuff that we take for granted when watching professionals – making marks, bits of business with lighters etc. RIH was better, the more experienced cast members dealing better with the Stoppardian wordiness – and it helped that it’s a superior play. It was interesting for me, though, as a reminder of the sheer thorough-going professionalism that goes into the good stuff but you never really notice. Looking forward to the “Two Gentlemen of Verona” upcoming at the same venue but featuring the very marvellous Bell Shakespeare company.

Movie update:

Hitch-Hikers Guide – A bit all over the shop, but as a fanboy I really enjoyed it
Downfall – Excellent mainly as a history lesson and for Ganz’s great portrayal of Hitler
In Good Company – Surprisingly ace, advertised as a rom-com but really an entertaining skewering of corporate culture. Dennis Quaid is really under-rated I think.
Whizzo xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home