Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, May 16, 2005

She took me home and dressed me in a deep sea diver's suit

An all-action weekend really, the highlight being a cracking Nick Cave gig at Luna Park. It sounded loud to us, so who knows what the bub made of it in her little echo chamber.

Earlier that day I had headed up to Gosford for my first taste of the mighty Sydney FC, taking on the Central Coast Mariners in a match worth a million bucks to the winners. Sydney won, setting them (us?) up nicely for the start of the A-league in August. The crown was 10,000 which was regarded as disappointing, but it was fun nevertheless. I’ve got a start now in figuring out who’s quality (the cultured left-back, the hard-working striker) and I reckon I’ll be along for more once the season proper starts.

We also blew a whole load more cash on baby stuff. All the unexciting stuff like a nappy pail and a window shade really adds up. Fortunately I snuck a couple of DVDs into the basket to soften the blow.

This week sees a couple of events: a midnight screening of the new Star Wars film (yay!) and a double-bill on Saturday night of Doctor Who and the cup final (double yay!). Oh god, I hope Arsenal win…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home