Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tom Waits would be number one, but still

If I were to write a list of, say, the ten pop acts I would most like to see tonight, 4 of them would be Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Bjork and Billy Bragg. Each of them are top of the tree in their own corner of popland, and each is touched with genius in their own way.

The good news is that all 4 are playing Sydney in the coming months, thanks to the good people of the Big Day Out festival. The first 2 have never come down under before, and the others haven't for years, so it's a rare opportunity.

Have you guessed the bad news yet? it's that I'LL BE IN CHUFFING ENGLAND AT THE TIME! NOOOOOOO!!!

I am now seriously considering going down to Adelaide for that leg of the event, which will be when I am back in Australia. The things I do for love.

This song isn't by anyone playing the BDO, but it is the Best Song Ever:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home