Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend

As you may know, I have been attending a course on the history of world cinema for some years now. It runs on Thursday evenings and is run by a formidably well-informed guy called David Stratton, who Aussies will know from the telly but poms can grasp by considering a brainier, more liberally minded Barry Norman.

On Sunday I took it to the next level by attending one of his all-day sessions on a Sunday. When I say all day, I mean it - a 9.30 start, a 7pm finish and 3 feature films in full. I went for a day on Martin Scorsese, which probably wasn't the wisest move because I know a fair bit about his work anyway so I felt I didn't learn much knew. On the other hand, seeing Taxi Driver on the big screen at alst was an intense experience, to say the least.



Saturday was rather more relaxed. We went to a Christening at a Greek Orthodox church, which was all new to me, followed by a reception type affair at a surf lifesaving club on the Northern Beaches. The kids were wonderful fun, and I met another librarian so we could make jokes about cataloguers all afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home