Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Britney Spears naked

A second consecutive metapost, but at the risk of this blog disappearing up its own fundament I thought this was worth mentioning.

I recently installed something called Google Analytics, a wee add-on that allows me to view stats about how many people are reading this rubbish, and how they arrive here. It's very entertaining, and slightly odd to find out how much traffic I am getting.

I was particularly struck that as many as 13 people per day are arriving via Google at an innocuous post from June last year about the Sydney Film Festival. Then I figured out the reason. I mention in the post that I had sat behind Hugo Weaving, who you may know from such films as The Matrix and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I had therefore whimsically titled the post "Most successful actor ever, in box office terms". It was this header that attracted so many hits from folk trying to access pertinent information but instead receiving some old nonsense about B1 visiting her grandma.

Isn't it odd how the net works?

In case you are concerned, I solemnly promise that I will never resort to cheap Google-bait headers in a tawdry attempt to drum up visits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah G said...

Yeah, I used to get dozens of people visiting my blog after typing in "Belly bigger than boobs". I quickly took out the offending key words from a post relating to my pregnancy.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I get most of my traffic via people googling 'get your ducks in a line'...it never fails to amaze me.

I sat two seats away from Alun Armstrong on the tube yesterday...not quite Hugo Weaving but...

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home