Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quoting myself out of context

Here's a meme post, taken from Aussie library blogger extraordinaire Kathryn Greenhill. It's the first and last lines from each month's posts on this blog for 2008.

January
First: 10
Last: Thanks for reading - it's been literary.

February
First: I confess to finding the subject a little dull, but so many people have asked about how the Bs coped on the plane flights I feel obliged to cover it here.
Last: I blame the deputy editor.

March
First: Looks like the St Jeromes Lnaeway Festival is set to become an annual fixture, almost regardless of the bands playing.
Last: They are both so adorable right now.

April
First: Another quiet weekend at Avoca but I can barely remember it thanks to a severe lack of meaningful rest in the past 3 weeks scrambling my neurones.
Last: The concepts are mind-blowingly exciting, and the scientist is a real charmer.

May
First: Last week we were pontificating on the old superstition* that trouble comes in threes, and wondering what our number three would be after the illness and the burglary last week.
Last: How do I get to be the librarian?

June
First: I am destined to burn in hell for at least (pauses to count).... twelve reasons.
Last: I could hear him gurgling happily in my ear as we walked around.

July
First: Well, another trip to the UK over (my 4th in a little over 2 years!) and, as usual, I feel exhilarated, melancholy and exhausted by the experience.
Last: From The Guardian, of course.

August
First: Huge excitement at home on the well-being front, after we splashed out for the, like, totally cool Wii and WiiFit.
Last: B1 is being particularly sweet at the moment, and M has written a great post about it on her blog, if you're interested.

September
First: A big week for B2.
Last: There are a bunch of photos on Flickr if you are interested, and I have also made these 2 video clips:

October
First: As you know I love a good quote, and I want to encourage more comments here, so it's about time I instituted a "name that quote" competition, starting now.
Last: Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields

November
First: A kid-tastic weekend featuring Halloween shenanigans and 8 kids playing with syringes.
Last: Huzzah!

December
First: M was away with the kids on Saturday night, so I took advantage of the rest and refreshed my mental and physical batteries for the big 2 months ahead - Christmas/my mum's visit in December, and festival mayhem in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home