Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Arts and graft

M and the Bs went up to Avoca Beach for a few days, leaving me free to do as I would. Obviously, I have spent the last few nights snorting coke from a hooker's tits. No, hang on, that's not right. I spent them playing idiotic computer games and watching DVDs.

I have done some fun stuff too. I went with Lou to the always ace Franz Ferdinand on Tuesday, and got to hang out backstage and stuff afterwards thanks to Michael the sound guy from my hometown. It was a cracker of a night, quite rock'n'roll in a mid-thirties kind of way.

On the weekend the Sydney Festival started, so I went to see the War of the Roses on Saturday (alone) and Robert LePage's Lipsynch on Sunday (with M, Carla and Helen). The salient point here is that WotR lasted 8 hours and Lipsynch about 9, giving me a 17 hour stint of theatre over 2 days. Fortunately, both productions are highly entertaining, full of both spectacle and intellectual chewiness, so it was a marathon well worth completing.

Plenty more festival stuff to come too, but right now I am just looking forward to seeing the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mid-30s!?! I nearly choked on my brie*.

*Not my own vomit.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Tom Goodfellow said...

You young people, so sensitive.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home