Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Airborne Kabbalistic Event

You'll know that I am not the greatest admirer of religions, or indeed any non-rational set of beliefs, but this little video takes things to a whole new level of dumbstruck incredulity at the lunacy of the clerical classes.

Behold a crack team of 50 rabbis flying around over Israel, chanting and blowing magic horns to provide protection from swine flu. The JREF does a neat job of surveying the many aspects of wrongness required to make this seem like a good idea. I'm getting Woody Allen, I'm getting Father Ted, but most of all I'm getting a big healthy dose of WTF.

1 Comments:

Anonymous David j said...

"No, listen to my incantations, I'm more devout than you!" Brilliant. Have you noticed the closet unbeliever - blue shirt,asleep/dead/ashamed - front left towards the end of the clip? This is the future of public health.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home