It's that time of year again
Every year I promise myself that I’ll rein in my January activities, but every year it goes off the scale again. It's the coming together of the Sydney Festival, various pop festivals and a few other afctors that always produces mayhem.
In the last 10 days I have taken in;
- The Horrors at Oxford Art Factory (exciting)
- Camera Obscura at the Beck’s Bar (swoonsome)
- Laughing Clowns (disappointing) and The Dirty Three (affecting)at the Enmore
- Florence and the Machine at the Metro (ace)
- 3 movies at the cinema – Avatar (clichéd and overlong), Nine (bizarre but unsatisfying) and Up In The Air (literate and well-performed)
- 1 movie on DVD that was 7 hours long, black and white, Hungarian and superb (Satantango)
- A trip to Avoca
Obviously I need a rest, so over the next four days I am confining myself to Zeeko at the Seymour Centre, Todd’s birthday barbie, St Jerome’s Laneway Festival, Antony & the Johnsons at the Sydney Opera House, and Echo & the Bunnymen at the Metro.