Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Big Trip 2010

If it’s June, it must be time to start getting excited about the next Big Trip to the mother country. This year it’s going to be quite different for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, M&Bs are leaving Sydney 8 days earlier than me and taking in a little bonus trip to the USA, specifically San Francisco and Salt Lake City. The latter is to visit her old school friend Sara (after whom B1 is middle-named), the former having no function other than to annoy me on the grounds that it will be M’s third trip to that fine city while I’ve still never been. Grump.

Secondly, my Dad is moving to a home in Bristol this coming Thursday. This is tough stuff, obviously, but looking after him at his home has become too great a burden for the heroic combination of social services and my mum (who, after all, divorced him 20 years ago). The upshot of this in terms of Big Trip is that I’ll be spending more time in Brizzle and less in London/Brentwood. Still, I hope to see as many people as possible while we are around town. Get in touch if you want to book us up.

In the meantime, wish me luck for the 8 days on my lonesome. If only there was some kind of sporting event coming up that could serve as distraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home