Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Sleepless in Avoca

I haven't posted for a while because I was hoping for some news on the job front. That looks like it has come to nought, though. Buggrit. Geez, the TAFE can be tedious. Still, there's lots of jobs being advertised at the moment and I figure that with every job I fail to get I've got one less competitor for the next one.

M is well and looking larger every day. She's having trouble sleeping despite having 4 pillows around her during the night in various positions. I just spoke to her on the phone (I'm at work) and she sounded exhausted.

We had a good weekend up at Avoca which we filmed a bit of. Mark, Tanya and Andrew were the company, as well as m&t's beautiful rottie Bella. Lots of drinking, game-playing and late-night Rage watching. I even jumped in the sea for a while. But for the fact there was no movie, it was pretty much a quintessential Avoca weekend.

I've succumbed to reading a non-Top 100 book this week, naughty old me. It's francis Wheen's "How Mumbo-Jumbo Conquered The World", a wide-ranging defence of enlightenment values over the prevalent irrationalism of the age. Chimes very nicely with my skepticism (check out the James Randi website for more on this) and has some fascinating stuff on the US arms trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home