Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Latest news, incorporating a joke from "The Truth About Cats and Dogs"

A mixed week, it’s fair to say.

Beth is continuing to grow more adorable by the day. She is still smiley and laidback, and a very good sleeper. All this could change for no reason at any moment but for now it’s all good, mate. She also seems to like the Boo Radleys, which is a relief.

Michelle is also well, enjoying the maternity leave life and missing work not a tad.

I was off for half of last week with a fluey virus, which was very unpleasant. On the plus side I got to watch about 10 films in 3 days, most of which were foreign language. I particularly enjoyed the classic western Stagecoach, and a bunch of very early silent shorts. Fortunately I don’t seem to have passed the virus on to M or B.

The bad news is that I have had some dodgy test results and may have to moderate my diet or even – gasp! – give up the grog! Disaster! I like drinking. I like being drunk. Most people do, that’s why they do it, but I appear to enjoy it more than most. I’m seeing the GP tomorrow, and I’ll be going with a profound sense of foreboding. Should a have to become a teetotaller, I am considering the alternatives to regular pissedness:

1) Meditation
2) Heroin
3) A clocktower and an AK47
4) Regular exercise.

No, scrap number 4. That’s just silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home