Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, October 31, 2005

You're Just A Stop On The Freeway




If a picture tells a thousand words then this is my longest blog entry ever. Well done me.

As you can see, Beth is continuing to enchant us with her good nature and all-round cuteness. I genuinely believe that she is the cutest baby I’ve ever seen, but I suppose all parents would say that about their loinfruit. The only difference is that I’m right and everyone else in the world is wrong, naturally.

The weather is here is good, in that it’s constantly raining and New South Wales is in a state of drought. Nick, Lou and I braved the rain on Sunday to go and watch Sydney FC which was a good night out. The surprise came when we weren’t allowed into the Member’s Stand because we weren’t wearing collared shirts. Eh? We ended up sitting in the lairy Bay 23 area with the nardcore fans, which turned out to be very entertaining.

We went to a wine-tasting evening on Saturday night. i was driving so I missed out on the wine, and actually I skipped half the evening to slip out to a pub and watch the Arsenal v Spurs game. Glad I did at that, well chuffed to get away with a draw from that one.

I finished “Middlemarch” and raced through a modern novel called “Everything Is Illuminated”. Both were worthwhile. Any reading suggestions more than welcome. I watched Orson Welles’ “Mr Arkadin” in one of the more confusing of the many versions knocking about. I’ll have to rewatch when a decent copy is released.

I remember quiet evenings trembling close to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home