Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, October 03, 2005

MC squared. Oh very clever.

It was the long weekend here in Godzone, so we fled north to Avoca to rest and beachify. Jolly nice it was too. Beth has learned to hold her foot with her hand. To us, this is the most exciting news ever.

January's beginning to look like a busy month as usual, with the coincidence of the Sydney festival (Robert LePage, Antony and the Johnsons) and the Big Day Out with attendant spin-offs (Franz Ferdinand, Beck, Iggy Pop, White Stripes). Expensive but fun, and we'll be on the guest list for the Franz gigs.

I just finished reading a not very good book about British comedy, containing some nice gags:

“I went to a restaurant the other night called “A Taste of the Raj”. The waiter hit me with a stick and got me to build a complicated railway system.” – Harry Hill

“They say cleanliness is next to Godliness. Well, the hairdressers is next to the chip shop but I am not persuaded to visit either.” – Simon Munnery

“I took an MC squared the other night. It was great, just like an E.” – Phil Kay

I'm on Middlemarch now; better written but with less Vic and Bob.

Who gives a damn about the profits of Tesco?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home