Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Brett Anderson must've been off his noggin

I added some more Beth photos to Flickr. How cute is that?

A night in on my own, what else to do but watch, er, 4 movies. Well, they were pretty short, and all are in the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die book..

Dog Star Man – A terrible, pretentious, acid-fried experimental film from the 60s. Mercifully short.

Tabu – “Noble savage” exotica from the early 30s. It started life as a doco, but they added the plot from the peerless Sunrise to appeal to audiences. They shouldn’t have bothered – the visuals are ravishing but the storyline is a distraction.

Halloween – Surprisingly unscary, but with one or two good moments.

Bram Stoker’s Dracula – I actually walked out of this at the cinema (trust me, I was having a baaaad day), but I loved it this time around. Keanu is terrible of course, but the other performances are huge fun (Tom Waits!) and the visuals are spectacular.

M’s bringing Beth back from Avoca tonight. Best all round, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home