Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, December 19, 2005

DTs



Well, Christmas has definitely started. We were out on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with various family and friends. Monday was supposed to be our rest night, a plan slightly scuppered by my staying up until one to watch England lose at cricket again. Then tonight we are hosting friends, tomorrow is my TAFE library leaving do, my sister in Sydney arrives the following day…January is looking like a month of sleeping and abstention.

Beth is coping admirably with the disruption to her regular patterns. She still seems to be a very amiable and self-supporting baby; we can leave her to play while we do the washing up or whatever and she just rolls about happily and chews her toes.



I’ve started on the bible reading project, which will probably take me a while. Genesis is great though, with most of the things I enjoy in a book: unsurpassed poetry, iconic stories and an obsession with genital mutilation and the brutalisation of women. Groovy. (Anybody have a set of the Pocket Canons from a few years back? I love the format and they’re out of print now).

Oh, and I watched the Blue Kite – beautiful but depressing, much like Arsenal performances recently.

I’m off to dance to electropop like a robot from 1984. Kisses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home