Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm just a voice in your earpiece

I’m in shock. I move to a new job and I find that I’m actually expected to do some work here. Real, difficult, demanding work. The cheek of it! Sydney Uni is proving a good place to be so far. I’ve experienced the usual newbie avalanche of information, and it’s hard to tell straight away what’s important and what isn’t. I’m feeling a lot happier now than I was a week ago - when I was in a bit of a panic – and things are looking good.

Beth is getting harder and harder to leave behind every morning. She is really good fun at the moment, crawling around the place and eating everything she can pick up. I wonder why we bother sterilising her milk bottles when she happily whacks a doorstop in her mouth, but that’s what the books tell us to do, so that’s what we do.

We went and saw Anthony and the Johnsons on Sunday – sublime, and I can’t wait to see what he does next. Allow me a brief brag; if you will. Look at what I said a year ago about the guy. You hadn’t heard of him then, had you? And I was right, wasn’t I? Call me Pop Nostradamus.

A few more films (The Double Life of Veronique was disappointing Euro-artwank from the usually masterly Kieslowski, Fat City is an ace bit of 70s pessimism) and 2 tremendous albums have kept me entertained this week (Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue and the Arctic Monkeys one). The real excitement, though, is coming up. Tonight it’s the Tiger Lilies at the Sydney Opera House, and next week is:

Tuesday – Franz Ferdinand at the Enmore Theatre
Wednesday – Franz Ferdinand at the Enmore Theatre
Thursday – The Big Day Out featuring, er, Franz Ferdinand. Although I may miss them ‘cos they clash with MIA.
Friday – Lay in bed moaning

I’m so lucky, lucky, LUCKY!

Oh, and for those of you who know our lovely mates Mark and Tanya you’ll be pleased to know that this week they begat a boy called Oliver. I’ve yet to meet him, but apparently all is well and he’s very cute.

What’s wrong with a little destruction?

ps Chic Murray - genius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home