Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

News Quiz will never be the same

I had a glorious day yesterday. M was at uni so I took a flex and got to look after Beth for the whole day on my own. Don’t worry, she’s still intact and in our possession.

So, what did I consider fit and proper activities for our first big day together? Why, the movies and the library of course! The cinema does “babes in arms” sessions for parents with young kids, so the place was full of surprisingly well-behaved bubbas. The movie was crap (Casanova) but Beth wasn’t bothered ‘cos she spent the whole time looking back over my shoulder at the other punters and grinning inanely, and occasionally shouting. It was all very cute. Eventually the tedium of the movie overcame her resistance and she fell asleep on my chest, which was just so lovely it almost moved me to tears.

Next up we went to the local library. Beth couldn’t find anything she liked (there’s not much of a Russian literature section) but I walked out with 3 DVDs and a bunch of CDs. Then we got the bus home, and I was happy.

I also watched The Passion Of Joan of Arc yesterday, which is mind-blowing, as is the big water number at the end of Footlight Parade. (I talked a colleague into buying the Busby Berkeley DVD box set, so I can borrow them and copy them, hee hee).

"I had absolutely no expectations of Tony Blair, and even I have been disappointed." - Linda Smith RIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home