Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

To be fair, Higher Than the Sun (Orb remix) was a good call

Avoca at the weekend was fun. It was the three of us together with Adam, Rhyl and baby Evie and also Mark, Tanya and baby Oliver. As you can imagine, things were a little different from our trips up a couple of years ago, what with nappies everywhere and a faint but constant crying noise in the background. Having said that, I did end up drinking beer at 3am and watching Rage, so...not that different.

Talking of Aussie music media, I seem to have fallen down some kind of demographic crack in the pavement. I currently have my car stereo tuned to 4 stations:

  • Triple J - Yoof/indie radio. Some good stuff but an over-reliance on bland guitar bands and (noooo!) Ausiie hip-hop, which is even worse than it sounds.
  • FB- - Earnest but underfunded local music radio. Interesting music when it isn't too abstract, but the DJs are awful
  • ABC702 - Radio 4, only Australian - Sydney actually, so you get local traffic reports mixed in with news from Darfur.
  • Some awful "Classic Hits" station which I occasionally listen to in a "know your enemy" kind of way.

Back home there are quite a few stations I could happily listen to (Radions 4 & 6, London Live) - I wish there were equivalents here. Thank God for t'internet, now I just need a car radio that can tune into Pandora.

How I love The Onion.

Jesus Built My Hotrod. It's a love affair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home