Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Revelations, unless you are my wife

Tagged! I think the idea is that I write 5 things that people don't know about me, which I'm struggling to come up with. Different people know different things, I guess, so if M is reading this there's nothing she doesn't know. Anyway, here goes:

1) I cry all the time at movies. At the end of Manon Des Sources, which I watched last night, I was a gibbering wreck. At least that was in my living room, the bit with the phone call in Brokeback Mountain had me wailing away in the multiplex - very embarrassing.

2) I am always dropping pointless film/TV/book quotations into conversations that no-one ever gets so the end up as non sequiturs. "The breeze feels good".

3) I have a desire to do stand-up comedy but I don't have the guts. I even have a small routine I wrote when I was thinking about doing an open mic night. Stand-up genius Bill Hicks is probably the greatest single influence on my politics and outlook except for my parents.

4) I bite my fingernails really, really badly.

5) I am about to have my first article published. Fame and fortune awaits.

That'll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home