Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I have gig wrist this morning

Saw Tapes’n Tapes at the Gaelic Club last night. It was our first gig for months and they were great, so we went home very happy. M & I were definitely the least cool people in the room though, everybody else had clearly spent time deciding on appropriate footwear for the occasion. I wasn’t sure about the lass with the orange football shorts and knee-length boots, though.

I also met the band! Well, sort of.

Scene: The back of the Gaelic Club

Lead singer: Excuse me, we need this table for the merch stand.
Me: What?
LS: We need the table.
Me: Oh, right. Sorry.


He’ll remember that conversation in years to come, I’m sure.

Meanwhile, Mum and Jenny are having a fun time in Oz, primarily because they are spending a lot of time with Beth. I’m stuck at work a lot but I have a couple of weeks off from the 22nd, so I just press on.

It’s that time of year when our neighbours think it’s a good idea to festoon their houses with expensive, gaudy and inappropriate lights. I believe the term is housebling. When future generations look back at the decadence of our energy-wasting and privileged age, we will hang our heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home