Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ADHD comment bait

I've been loving the atheist/anti-religion movement stuff thats been going on recently. My hero in the, ahem, crusade, is the splendidly cantankerous Christopher Hitchens. Indeed he has converted me from being an atheist into being an antitheist.

In essence, this means that not only does God not exist but I am glad he doesn't. God is a tyrannical figure who knows not only my action but my every thought, who judges me on those actions and thoughts, and who condemns me to an eternity of unimaginable torture and misery if those actions and thoughts do not accord with his arbitrary wishes...but he loves me. Hmm.

By contrast, the wonderful Richard Dawkins is something of a Professor Yaffle figure (to use Charlie Brooker's hilarious comparison) but I love this uncharacteristically startling moment from the interesting Beyond Belief symposium:

2 Comments:

Blogger ADHD Librarian said...

lalalalala,
nothing to see here, move along please.

8:52 PM  
Blogger ADHD Librarian said...

Well,
at last I have taken the bait.
http://adhd-librarian.blogspot.com/2007/10/taking-bait.html

here dwelleth my reply, yeah verily and it is good.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home