Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sober

I started my new job on Wednesday and all is going well so far. The funniest bit is having my own office, which is a new thing for me. I need to get some personalised stuff in there, maybe some cheap movie posters and some photos of M&B.

The other major change is that I am based in town, so I am officially a commuter again. The journey takes a little longer but i am on a train, and the opportunity to read is a treat. I look at other passengers who clearly do this journey every day, and so many many of them just gaze into space for forty minutes - no paper, no book, not even an ipod or radio. What are they thinking? Don't they realise how much time they are wasting? It brings two quotes to mind:

I had not though death had undone so many. - Eliot
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it. - Bueller

Child #2 is due in two weeks. I am strictly on call now, so no booze even at an Arctic Monkeys gig tonight. It's my favourie worst nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home