Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

These are not my people/I should never have come here

Saturday found us at Rosehill Racecourse for Todd's birthday. No babysitting was available so the kids came too, which was fine and they had fun, but the general vibe was not especially child-friendly. In fact, it wasn't particularly me-friendly either.

I've never been one for the horses and, other than our little gang, I felt very disconnected from the other punters, who were all dolled up and seemed to be having a splendid time. At the football or cricket I find it easy to feel part of the gestalt because I am supporting a team, but to cheer on a nag just because I have money on it seems individualistic and selfish. It was a strange experience and an isolating one - I was the only miserable bugger there not having a great time, so I can only assume that the issue is me.

You may recall that I have similar feelings about the beach.

So next time I guess I'll just stay at home and look after the Bs. Oh well, at least I enjoyed seeing Todd, Dani, Pecky et al, and we broke even on the betting.



For the rest of the weekend, I watched 3 D V D s and a whole bunch of sport, caught up with Sarah and family, had a bon voyage chat to Ness and Jem, lunched with Lou, and stayed in when M failed to go clubbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home