Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

TV meme

(Some of the Australian library bloggers that I follow are throwing a few memes around at the moment, so if you don't enjoy such self-indulgence please forgive me. I'm not sure where this one originated, apologies)

Do you snack while watching TV?

Whyever wouldn't you?

What is your favourite TV show?

Impossible to say. It's horribly obvious, but The Wire is rather special isn't it?

What TV show makes you run to change channels?

A Current Affair is everything that I despise about everything I despise

How do you view your TV guide: online, on-screen, newspaper, magazine, other?

Online ususally

Have you ever been surveyed for your TV-viewing habits or do you know anyone who has been?

Nope

Do you watch TV news and/or current affairs regularly?

Not regularly, no. I have a radio in the car and I read the papers online so it would be superfluous.

Do you watch any TV “soaps”? (Truth please, even if it is embarrassing.)


Heavens no.

What other series shows do you try not to miss?

I "miss" everything (except sport) and come back to it later. It seems strange to lock oneself into watching a certain channel at a certain time each week. That's what DVD box sets are for

Any previous series or shows you really liked?

Loads, here's a sample. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy; A Very Peculiar Practice; I Claudius; The Larry Sanders Show; The Prisoner; The Sopranos

Do you have pay TV or are the digital channels enough?

Much as I dislike handing my money over to Mr Murdoch, my scruples are as nothing to my need to watch Arsenal at strange times of night.

Do you only watch certain TV shows online?

ABC stuff including Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, QI, At The Movies and Mediawatch

Do you regularly use services like ABC catch-up or other online replays?


I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

Do you ever pay any attention to the adverts?


Not consciously, but they know what they're doing these people.

Do you multi-task while watching TV & if so what else are you doing?

Yep, especially if it's something in which the audio is paramount. None of your business what I get up to though.

Is there a TV show that makes you laugh out loud?

The Wire and The Sopranos are funnier than any comdies I've seen recently.

Have you ever said no to a social invitation to stay at home and watch TV? (Truth again please.) Mind telling us what the show was?


Not that I can recall.

Do you record TV shows & if so why and how (VCR, DVD recorder, TIVO, laptop, etc.)?

No need.

Least favourite TV personality/actor/character?

Off the top of my head...let's say Glenn Beck.

Most popular TV personalities/actors/character?


Alec Guiness doing George Smiley is hard to beat. For entirely different reasons, I'll also mention Christina Hendricks in Mad Men.

Have you ever seen anything really memorable on TV (not news/events - made for TV drama, etc.)?

A sex scene featuring Janine and (I think) Richie was kinda unforgettable...

Do you prefer TV series or stand-alone shows?

Series

Is there a specific show you find yourself recommending over and over?


All of the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home