Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Kavalier & Clay

Sadly no new photos this week because, um, we left the camera in a restaurant and it disappeared. Silly us. Oh well, what’s $500 when you’re as extravagantly rich as us?

Take my word for it, then, that Beth and Michelle are both more beautiful than ever. Beth is rolling from back to front and vice versa very easily now, which is causing a few problems in getting her off to sleep. We put her down but 5 minutes later she’s crying cos she’s on her front and her foot is sticking awkwardly through the slats on the side of the cot.

Sport and books were the themes this week. The book was the novel I cracked through, “The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay” by Michael Chabon. I can’t praise it enough, it’s the first book to make me cry in ages and there are some of the best jokes I’ve read in a while too. Entertaining, beautifully written, memorable characters – you get the gist.

The sports included cricket at the SCG and football at Aussie Stadium – another win for the mighty Sydney FC by the way. On telly there was the Australia v Uruguay World Cup play-off, England v Pakistan cricket, the league, the union, and probably some ten-pin bowling if I looked hard enough.

What else? Some gardening, some drinking, a barbie with Nick and Lou…

People I see remind me of mooing like a cow in the grass, but that’s not to say that there’s anything wrong with being a cow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home