Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Someday I'll Grow Up To Be A Beautiful Woman

We just had another Avoca weekend, this time with a footie match at Gosford being the most notable point. It’s the third Sydney FC match in a row I’ve gone along to, so I’m getting pretty familiar with the personalities involved. A handy 5-1 win for my lot, but the highlight was the view in the stadium pre-match. Probably the most dazzling sunset I’ve seen over the hills on the horizon and, rather than seating to the left, there’s just a row of palm trees with a huge lake behind it. Fantastic.

Beth is going well, and seemed to enjoy a bushwalk on Sunday. We can have her propped up safely in her backpack thing now, so lots more wandering around the place to come, I hope. She is turning herself over now, which is new, and looks like she really wants to get crawling but can’t quite manage it. M reckons it’s time to child-proof the house.

Watched a few movies; Phone Booth (lame), Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (strange acting but otherwise fascinating) and HMS Defiant (pretty good with better performances than the material deserves). Top tip this week, though, is a book – Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I sped through it in 2 days.

Gearing up for the big January arts fest. Festival shows include theatrical sorcerer Robert LePage, the spell-binding Antony and the Johnsons, and the always entertaining Tiger Lillies. I can’t wait.

Librarian humour:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home