Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ice cream and jelly


Beth is still racing about the place, revelling in her new level of mobility. It’s her first birthday in a week and we’re having a wee party on the Sunday. I think it’s pointless myself, but M is keen so I’ll go with it. Have you ever been to a first birthday party? They’re usually rubbish. I’ve got one this weekend with some people I barely know. Can’t wait.

She gave birth to a daughter/ Within a year a walker/ She looked just like her mother/ If there could be another.

Here’s a tip. You may not have noticed, but a football tournament starts this weekend. Typical that I was in Europe for Japan/South Korea and now I’m in Godzone for Germany. Oh well, I’m used to late night football these days, and at least Australia are in it for once so at least the locals will be a little bit interested, at least until they lose all three matches that they’ve got. I’m heading to town tomorrow with Nick and Lou. The Engerland match starts at 11pm, so we’ll have to be rather careful how much we drink. I’ll let you know how it goes, if I can remember that is.

It’s a long weekend, for the queen’s birthday of all things, so as well as football and birthday parties I get to go to yum cha on Monday with Ness and Jem. Weirdly enough I’ve never done the yum cha thing despite my longstanding fondness for Chinese dumplings and large breakfasts. I’m getting rather excited.

Word origins, Booker winners, Gussie Fink-Nottle…they’re all over at my book review blog. Heaps more photos on the Flickr site too. Am I good to you or what?

Old Red he died/And every single landlord in the district cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home