Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A post worth about 2,100 words



OK, I gave up and bought myself a memory card reader and – tadah! – photos of Beth appeared. Magic.

Plenty more at www.flickr.com/photos/tomgoodfellow

We had a very productive weekend of gardening and earning cash (I was working on Sunday for double time), as well as getting a few other jobs sorted out for the imminent arrival of Frances, Simon and Maya. The only fun bit was Friday night, mates over for dinner and too much wine.

We’ve had very little time for artistic pursuits. I’m reading Little Dorrit which is taking me, like, forevaah. In England I did buy a couple of enormously groovy DVD box sets – Powell/Pressberger and Herzog/Kinski – and we started the former with a viewing of The 49th Parallel. Great stuff; Anton Walbrook is making a bid as my favourite actor ever, and Olivier’s French-Canadian accent has to be heard to be believed.

Whoops there goes another year/whoops there goes another pint of beer.

Love youse xx

Ps. The greatest newspaper correction ever published, for your amusement: "Due to a mishearing on the telephone, we reported last week that Mr & Mrs ___ would be living with the bride's father. They will in fact be living at the Old Manse."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home