Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's alright Andy, it's bolognese

An eventful week, in its way.

I spent the weekend sleeping a lot but not eating at all thanks to a chest infection, which kept me off work until Friday. Fortunately, M&B resisted my contagion and were fine, so I got to loaf self-pityingly on the sofa and cough and watch movies - about 10 I reckon, including the stunning Ugetsu (which made me cry) and the ace Hot Fuzz ("crusty jugglers").

In other health-related news, I am on a huge diet. I have 3 months to reduce my cholesterol level and avoid being on medication for the rest of my life. The easiest way to lose cholesterol is to lose weight, so no cheese or chocolate for me no more. I've even cried off booze except for special occasions (such as this Saturday's Augie March gig). Sad, but necessary. Once I've shaken off the last of this infection I'll start with the exercise and all. Hopefully I'll be ultra slim by the time of my trip to Blighty in June/July.

Sydney Harbour Bridge turns 75 years old on Sunday and they're closing the bridge so that 200,000 of us can walk across it. Should be fun, and it counts as exercise as far as I'm concerned.


1 Comments:

Blogger flexnib said...

Ugh sounds like it was nasty (I hope you're more or less healed up now).

Good luck on the next three months :) I know someone who had to get his cholesterol down quick smart, he turned it into a game ("what's my score this doctor's visit?") and did it quite successfully. He's kept it low ever since, too... I think I should go get a test too, I have no idea what my level is!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home