Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The running of the....oh my

I know that some of you that are reading this are not librarians, oh poor benighted souls. Should such sad individuals be wondering how the enlightened among you spend their working lives, well 90% of it is like this.

I finally saw Borat last night, and I've never felt so ambivalent about a film that has made me laugh so much. The great moments are several and quite brilliant - the hotel fight, the horse collapsing at the rodeo and the rationale for not flying ("in case the jews repeat their attack of 9/11"). However, whilst many of the people he meets deserve a right kicking, some of the attacks seemed to be directed at people who really didn't do anything wrong except be a bit naive and maybe stupid. It was like the anti-Best In Show, a movie that made me feel all warm and fuzzy without actually making me laugh very much.

I also got tix for the first ever Australian show by the mighty Pixies, this Friday. Yeeeeees!

You think I'm dead, but I sail away
On a wave of mutilation

1 Comments:

Blogger Belongum said...

Yes... I don't know how I can hold my head up at all - what with not being a Librarian and all! How can I now go home and face my son??? He's bound to find out one of these days I guess... sighhhhh ;-)

I've NEVER visited such and experience on a Librarian - never!

Ok... that might have been a 'little' white lie - but I mean really, as if you fellas don't have plenty of SPARE books back there, somewhere?!

;-)

Borat - well, now there's something I'm waiting to experience... I hope I won't be disappointed.

Besides - I can always tell people it was recommended to me by a Librarian!!!

That should keep me 'fairly' safe... lol

Cheers ;-)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home