Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, July 31, 2006

I dreamed of The Flaming Lips last night


August already – how did that happen? You realise that life goes fast, it’s hard to make the good things last.

I am writing this as a Word document for later c&p into Blogger because something calamitous has happened; the internet has collapsed! Well, not generally, obviously – you’d have heard. Not even at work, because everybody else is beavering away happily. Nope, it’s just on my computer. I can’t even access internal work networks, so there is literally nothing I can do. I’ve been here for a couple of hours already and I’ve cleared my drawers of crap, I’ve stuck up a few posters around the library and I’ve proof-read some new signage. Now I’m stuck. Maybe I’ll think of something to do by the end of typing this.*

M&I are very excited today because my Great Aunt Lorna and Uncle Allen have decided to come to Godzone in October with my dad. We can’t wait to have them. We’re much closer than most people are to their Great Aunt/Uncle on the husband’s side, and it will be grand for Beth to be able to spend time with them.

We had a busy weekend with people over on Friday and Saturday nights, plus I worked on Saturday and M was at a family party on Saturday afternoon and at a Korean Baths on Sunday morning. I reckon she got the better end of that deal. I get this Friday off though – I’m off to the dentist, ain’t life marvellous.

We’re still really enjoying Bleak House on the telly. We’re about halfway through – Johnny Vegas has blown up, Esther Summerson has a terrible case of acne, and I finally understand why everyone was saying “Shake me up, Judy!” when we were over last Easter. One criticism – in the book I was charmed by Skimpole until his vacuity became too obvious. In this adaptation, his charm is less clear, so John Jarndyce’s toleration of him becomes inexplicable.

There comes a moment when all the cables, leads, battery chargers and power adaptors we have ever owned gather together and assemble themselves around us and ask us the terrible question – “What has happened to your life?”Leunig

*Erm…nope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home