Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Badhead

I recently read an interview with one of my all-time heroes, Bruce Springsteen, and he expounded a theory to the effect that we can see our lives as a car journey. If you know any Bruce lyrics at all this will not come as a surprise, but bear with me. He also suggested that each stage of our lives remain in the car as we progress, but it is the current "you" that has the controls.

This resounded with me, as follows:

1) My 3-year-old toddler self was delighted to be sitting with the Bs in the kitchen, throwing a balloon around in a triangle, to giggles all round.

2) My 14-year-old nerd self had a great Saturday, taking in the Watchmen movie and a game of geek classic Talisman with Dani and Todd.

3) My 20-year-old student self was happiest this morning in the car when iPod shuffle threw up Badhead by Blur at just the right moment to pick up my soul from the floor.

4) My 36-year-old current self is always happiest looking at the Bs asleep, just before going to bed myself.

Oh Bruce - do you know everything?

Here are a couple of photos, while we're all here(note the top quality parenting going on in the background):



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home