Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Splendid

I had thought my camping based festival days were behind me but when M&I saw the line-up for Splendour in the Grass 2010, we got on the phone to my mother-in-law and arranged baby-sitting (thanks, Val!).

We threw money at the situation, buying plane tickets up to Brisbane rather than doing the road trip, and paying for a pre-erected tent to save us any hassle:



The site was spectacular, a wooded area with a brilliant natural amphitheatre for the main stage. Not only was the amphitheatre rather beautiful, which meant that even shorter audience members had a great view. Yes, I am talking about M here.





As for the music, as is often the case we never saw many of the bands we were excited about prior to attendance but caught some great stuff that we had never heard of beforehand. Highlights included LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, Oh Mercy, Laura Marling and the divine Jonsi. Lowlights were the queue to get in, forgetting to go see Grizzly Bear and the flight home being cancelled.



Hell, maybe we'll even go again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home