Revelations

It's a completely cool, multi-purpose blog.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Like a drunken punch-up at a wedding. Without the violence.

It's been a while since I posted for which I apologise, but I do have a good reason and it is this: the sight of 550 half-cut librarians dancing wildly to a cheesy Lenny Kravitz cover version takes some recovering from. I was in Perth for a library conference and I've written a professional and responsible version of events here (and some mainly dull photos here), so here are some unprofessional and irresponsible thoughts:
  • Conferences are fun. Me want more.
  • Most of the action takes place away from the setpiece events - chatting, blogging, getting drunk etc
  • It's true - most librarians are middle-aged women in sensible shoes
  • Blogging is the quickest way to meet like-minded & similar aged colleagues, whom you will end up referring to by pseudonyms (ADHD, CW etc)
  • I thought that the big dinner would be awful but I had an absolute blast. I just put away my self-respect hat and cheerfully donned my end-of-a-wedding reception paper crown. Add a couple of bottles of cheap wine - sorted.

Finally, a confession of sorts. If you think I wasn't frugging away merrily to "Are You Gonna Go My Way" then I'm afraid you over-estimate me. The shame!

1 Comments:

Blogger ADHD Librarian said...

but where were you during the Nutbush?
Because nothing says come dance with your drunken Aunty like a Nutbush and as the evening wore on I saw a lot of librarians who are not doubt the drunken aunties at any wedding they ever go to.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home